Sunday, July 3, 2011

Video Game Challenge!

It has been a long time but I am finally back. I have decided to take everything in a new direction rather than having very long posts, I am going to try and stick with nice short posts. Hopefully this will keep me active.

To Start I am doing a bit of a twist on the "30 Day Video Game Challenge" that you see on Facebook. I found there are a number of theses 30 day challenges and they all have different criteria. So I am going to take the best aspects out of all these challenges and create a series of posts.

My Favourite Game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time


I know this will seem to some a very "obvious" and "typical" choice., but I have great memories of this game. I remember playing this game and thinking that there was nothing else out there remotely like it. It was the first game I played that felt like a living breathing world. Sure many games had towns to visit and people to talk to, but this game had a day/night cycle and helped the player feel like time was actually passing. The dungeons were so perfectly created, giving the player just enough challenge to feel a sense of accomplishment once beating it. It was the perfect game of its era, and still holds to the test of time.

If you want to read more about this game check out my earlier post.

No comments:

Post a Comment